JUB

SHARE

The origins

The origins of the mineral paints production at the Company’s current location date back to the year of 1875 when Viktor Gale, the owner of wheat mills, started grinding different coloured minerals of the so called earth colours. The most frequent raw materials used in the production of wall paints at that time were soot, red chalk, charcoal, lime and lead, iron or other oxides. In order to ensure the adhesion of these paints to the surface, oil, grease, glue and other substances were added which are known as binders today.

 

 

 

Period of up to 1945

Over the years, JUB was developing its production despite multiple changes in the Company’s ownership structure. The name JUB which has been preserved up until today was used for the first time in 1919. In the period between the two World Wars, JUB was already an established company selling its products throughout the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. During World War II, the factory did not operate for some time but, after the war, the entire production was restored and it reached the pre-war level within ten years.

 

 

 

Period of up to 1990

This was followed by a planned and stable development which reached its peak in 1990 with the record production volume of 50.000 tonnes and with a 60 percent market share for dispersed paints in the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.

 

 

 

Period of up to 2010

With the collapse of Yugoslavia and Slovenia’s proclamation of independence, JUB experienced one of the toughest periods in its history. We lost more than half of our market and we had to shift almost over night to developed and competitive European markets. We focused on Central European markets but we also gradually returned to our traditional markets. In 1996, we have thus reached again the same sales volume as before the collapse.

With the Ownership Transformation of Companies Act in 1994, JUB became the first shareholder company in Slovenia.

The year of 2004 represents a milestone in terms of production volume for JUB as we manufactured and sold a magical 100,000 tonnes of products. And in the same year we also opened our first production facility abroad – in Simanovci next to Belgrade in Serbia.
 

 

The period after 2010

The next important milestone in our history was 2010, when we built Technological Research Centre JUB and 2012, when we opened a plant for the production of polystyrene insulation boards and system boards JUBIZOL. Polystyrene is marketed under its own brand EUROTHERM. With this step, we opened a new chapter in the production assortment Group JUB and made our offer more comprehensive and consolidated to long-term energy efficiency.

 

 

 

Today, JUB distinguishes itself with the state-of-the-art, automated, and robotics-driven production, high productivity, ecological consciousness and environment friendly production orientation with all applicable certificates, sustainable energy arrangement, up-to-date product development and information technology, the highest credit rating, high working and social standards for employees and focus on customers in order to fulfil their needs and meet their taste.